How to Add Aesthetic & Cosmetic Skin Care to Your Practice
If you are considering adding aesthetic and cosmetic skin care to your practice; here’s some advice from doctors and business professionals who’ve been there:
It is wise to begin your aesthetic skin care practice by offering aesthetic services that are:
1. Popular & proven to be profitable in the real world marketplace, (the most requested services).
2. Low Risk.
4. Affordable, (not requiring a debt load that could stress your existing practice or business).
According to the most recent Aesthetic Survey*, the top five nonsurgical aesthetic & cosmetic services were:
- Botulinum Toxin (3,766,148 procedures)
- Facial Fillers (1,872,172 procedures)
- Hair Removal (901,571 procedures)
- Microdermabrasion (479,865 procedures)
- Photo Rejuvenation (456,613 procedures)
Last year more than $2 billion was spent on non surgical skin rejuvenation.
We have worked with hundreds of physicians, nurses, aestheticians and small business owners to add aesthetic skin care, and have seen the most success when our clients build their practice upon a few proven services that will establish a firm foundation for a skin care practice.
1. Botulinum toxin, (known best by the brand name “Botoxâ„¢”) – With a typical investment of under $3000.00 for training and supplies a medically directed practice can offer one of the most popular aesthetic services. Call or write us to learn about how to get started!
2. Microdermabrasion – Training & Equipment forÂ the DiamondTome DT2 is typically under $15,000.00, and often represents our clients first investment in capital equipment. Microderm is a great, low cost, low risk way to learn the business of aesthetic skin care, and build the revenue and client base to support other services
3. Cosmeceutical Infusion – Topical product infusion (ClariFusion) is a rapidly growing service within aesthetics and is combined with microdermabrasion to enhance results and introduce clients to high quality cosmeceuticals. With an investment under $3000.00, adding cosmeceutical infusion is economical, and will keep your microderm practice on the cutting edge.
4. Facial Fillers – Restylaneâ„¢, Radiesseâ„¢ & Juvedermâ„¢ are some well known facial fillers, and while becoming expert in facial filler injection requires more time and practice than Botox, once the art of injection is mastered, facial fillers are a reliable, and relatively low risk service that aesthetic clients demand. Training for “injectables” is typically under $5000.00, and the cost to bring in product can be less than $2000.00. Call or write us to learn about how to get training in injectables.
5. Hair Removal – Laser hair removal has been one of the most requested services in aesthetics for over a decade now. And because light based systems priced under $60,000.00, like the SmoothCool IPLÂ and the MedioStar neXT have made it safer and faster, hair removal is typically the first light based service our clients add.
6. Photo Facial, (or photo-rejuvenation) – Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) photo facial, foto-facial, or photo rejuvenation treatments for sun damage, redness, brown spots and visible blood vessels are also, proven popular services that we recommend our clients add. A high quality IPL system like theÂ SmoothCoolÂ typically costs under $70,000.00.
With a foundation of Microderm, Topical Product Infusion, Hair Removal, IPL, Botox & Fillers, any conscientious practitioner can build a successful aesthetic skin care practice.
Call or write us to find out how!
* A.S.A.P.S. annual multi-specialty procedural statistics.