Everybody’s talking about infusing product after microderm; sometimes called hydro infusion, dermal infusion, suffusion, epi infusion, or clarifusion.
Is infusion necessary? Well, once your client has experienced it, most will insist that it is!
Will your clients buy it? Your clients will buy it, once they’ve felt it! And you may want to add it, just to keep your microderm practice on the cutting edge.
Does it work? There are a number of methods for infusing topical skincare products currently being used: vacuum, LED, microneedling & ultrasound. Let’s look at each:
1. Vacuum: Newer microderm systems use vacuum to penetrate product to the D/E junction. While a number of company sponsored papers have been published,; we are not aware of independent data that establishes exactly how deep this mechanism delivers product.
2. LED (low level laser, cold laser, or light emitting diode): While LED has been clinically shown to stimulate improved local blood flow and mitochondrial DNA performance, thus delivering true anti-aging mechanisms; there is no published evidence that LED improved product penetration. But LED does kill acne bacteria, and reduces inflammation.
3. Microneedling is clinically proven to penetrate product into the dermis by creating tiny channels through which the product may flow. Microneedling produces small injuries to the skin which also produce skin rejuvenation, but it’s minimally invasive nature means it may not be appropriate for all patients as a mechanism for product penetration.
4. Ultrasound has been used in the therapeutic range, (up to 22 Watts) to penetrate drugs and other product into the skin an muscles for nearly a century. Ultrasound has been proven an effective and safe delivery method in hundreds of published studies & trials, and is proven to penetrate products to the dermal level with no injury to the skin.
We recommend that a full service skin care practice has access to each of the methods discussed here.
- Vacuum assisted infusion feels wonderful, and is the perfect finish to a microdermabrasion treatment
- LED is great for acne and anti-aging, and will also reduce inflammation after aggressive clinical treatments.
- Microneedling not only helps penetrate product, it also produces resurfacing results that rival laser resurfacing, but without the downtime.
- ClariFusion ultrasonic product infusion provides the least invasive and most clinically proven method for delivering product to the dermis.
Contact us to learn more about specials and discounts on any of our world class aesthetic technologies, including: DiamondTomeÂ DT2, ClariFusion and Livra Dermabrasion, Microchanneling, Hair Regrowth & Stem Cell Therapy.
Contact us to arrange a personal demonstration at your convenience, and to find out about all of Mountain Coastâ€™s Aesthetic Technologies: